- To participate in the development of the Department of
Microbiology, Dhaka University, Dhaka, Bangladesh, with Capital
Equipment, Laboratory set up, Books, Journals and other Financial
- To share ideas and experiences among the alumni of the DU Microbiology Department of all countries of the world.
- To establish contact among the scientists, students,
trainees in the profession, and to provide assistance in their pursuit
of employment opportunities and career enhancement.
- To conduct seminars, workshops and educational programs in conjugation with other national and regional meetings.
- To work as a forum for specific recommendations to various
research and educational institutions and Government organizations for
the improvement of the standards of education, science and technology.
EVERLASTING and EVERINCREASING ENDOWMENT FUND for DU MICROBIOLOGY DEPARTMENT
The best possible way DUMAA can serve the Department is by
generating an endowment fund for the Department of Microbiology. Such a
fund will be of immense service for both present and the future
generation of Microbiologists. For this purpose DUMAA aims to raise
about $25,000-$30,000 which will be fixed deposited in the name of the
Department in Dhaka. The 50% of the interest generated each year will be
used for research / development purpose by the Department. The other 50
% will be re-invested with the capital. So the capital will grow each
year. Initially it will not be a big sum but after say 10, 25, 50 or 100
years, the endowment fund will grow into a significant amount. This
will be EVERLASTING and EVERINCREASING gift from the present generation
of microbiologist to the future generation of microbiologists. We
request all DU microbiology graduates and well-wishers to participate in
the Noble Project and make it a success.